Just a few notes & reminders for this week . . .
1) Christ Church is responsible for providing the meal for the Campus Ministry at TAMIU this Thursday, October 16th. If you are interested in helping provide part of the meal this week (salad, side dish, main course, dessert), please text or call Fr. Paul at (956)285-2753.
2) Don't forget that all ADULTS are invited to a House blessing at the home of Art & Myrna Innis (511 Surrey in Del Mar) at 7:00 p.m. on Friday, October 17th. Extensive rains earlier this year required Art & Myrna to do some major remodeling! Now they're anxious to show off the fruits of their labor. Bring a favorite appetizer of finger food and join in the celebration!
3) If you were unable to be in church last Sunday, you missed a joyous occasion. By the grace of God and through generous donations from throughout our communion, the Diocese of West Texas made it possible for us to present the following gifts to assist with the current immigrant situation:
Bethany House - $10,000.00; Catholic Social Services - $10,000.00; The Holding Institute - $20,000.00
A very special thank you to Jim Moore for coordinating the presentation of these gifts.
4) Multi-Generational Sunday School classes continue! All ages gather together in the Parish Hall promptly at 10:00 a.m. for 5 minutes, then break into groups:
0-5 years; Kindergarten-5th Grade; Middle & High School Students; Adult English; Adult Spanish
Classes end promptly at 10:45 a.m. to allow everyone time to get to church by 11:00 a.m.
5) A reminder to those scheduled to serve this Sunday, October 12th:
ACOLYTES – Chloe Antonini, Cati Romo, & Diego Rubio
ACOLYTE LEADER – Michele Gonzalez
EUCHARISTIC MINISTERS – Jim & Cathey Moore
LECTOR – Michele Gonzalez
USHERS – Joel Glass & Jerry Robinson
NURSERY – Lucy Ponce & Fina Roque
(Nursery staff please be here by 9:45 a.m.)
Hope to see everyone on Sunday!
Connie & Fr. Paul