In this brief video I was blessed to talk briefly with Angie Sanchez and Laura Gonzalez who founded The Braille Club in Laredo. What amazing women! "I once was blind but now I see." This phrase from Amazing Grace is a literal quote from a story in John's Gospel where a man born blind can now see. This Sunday we'll look at blindess and sight, light and dark...
What is the Episcopal Church?
We are 1.9 million Christians in the United States, Honduras, Dominican Republic, Colombia, Puerto Rico, Taiwan, Micronesia, Ecuador, and Venezuela, whose roots are from the Church of England. We are part of the Anglican Communion, a group of at least 70 million Christians who are united in communion with the Church of England through the Archbishop of Canterbury.
1. To proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom
2. To teach, baptize and nurture new believers
3. To respond to human need by loving service
4. To seek to transform unjust structures of society, to challenge violence of every kind and to pursue peace and reconciliation
5. To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth
Our Primary Values
Evangelism – Be bearers of the Good News of a God who loves the world.
Reconciliation – Heal the broken institutions that separate us by race and class.
Creation Care – Take responsibility for the world that God has given us.
Founded in 1881, Christ Church Episcopal, Laredo, is a welcoming Christian family committed to and proclaiming Jesus Christ and his unconditional love and healing through worship, stewardship, and community outreach.