A few notes & reminders for this week . . .
1) Tonight is the next to the last time Christ Church is providing the meal for the Campus Ministry at TAMIU
this semester. If you are able to provide bread or salad for 35-40 students tonight, please call or text Fr. Paul at
956-285-2753 by 4:00 p.m.. You are also welcome to join us in greeting the students and representing Christ Church from 6:45 p.m. to approximately 8:45 p.m., just let Fr. Paul know you are coming. On December 4th we will be providing a late night "Snack-A-Thon" from 9-10:00 p.m. as students study for final exams.
2) Ron Goodman has several tumors that are cancerous. Two in particular are putting pressure on his spine. He will have surgery on Friday, November 21st. Following a brief recovery time, he will have radiation for 3 days, and then a series of chemotherapy treatments. He has requested that we keep him in our prayers.
3) At our annual meeting on January 12, 2015 we will elect 4 new Vestry members. If you are interested in nominating yourself or someone else for one of these positions, please text or call Fr. Paul at 956.285.2753. Vestry members should be regular attenders & givers of Christ Church.
4) Wilson Harris has now moved to Dallas to be closer to his family. The book to sign with personal messages to Wilson will still be available this Sunday. Once everyone has had the opportunity to sign the book, we will send the book to Wilson. Feel free to include any pictures you might wish Wilson to have.
5) There will be a baptism on Sunday, November 30th - which is also the first Sunday of Advent!. Plan to join us as we begin to focus on the gift of God to us in the Incarnation of Jesus. Fr. Paul began baptism classes November 9th during the Sunday School hour (10-10:45 a.m.) in his office. If interested, contact Fr. Paul. Other Sunday School classes will continue in their usual locations.
6) Stewardship mailings went out last week containing a letter from Fr. Paul, a chart showing our current levels of giving, and an "Estimate of Giving" card to be completed by those wishing to submit an estimated pledge for 2015. Having these cards is helpful to our Vestry when working on the church budget for the coming year. Please prayerfully consider what your giving will be for 2015 & return your card to the church office or bring it on Sunday morning to place it in the offering plate.
7) Our offices will be closed Thursday, November 27th and Friday November 28th in observance of Thanksgiving. In the event of an emergency, you will be able to reach Fr. Paul at 956-285-2753. For those of you travelling, please be safe.
8) Mallory Miles will be coordinating this year's "White Elephant" Christmas Exchange which is tentatively scheduled for Friday, December 12th. Start going through those closets now for those unusual offerings you might find. Watch for more details to come or contact Mallory at 956-220-7427!
9) A reminder to those scheduled to serve this Sunday, November 9th:
ACOLYTES – Analise Paul, Jack Paul, Quinten Robinson
ACOLYTE LEADER – John Paul
EUCHARISTIC MINISTERS – Elena Holloway, Larry Miles
LECTOR – Elizabeth Rubio
USHERS – John Paul & Jerry Robinson
NURSERY – John Delgado, Sherly Garcia
(Nursery staff please be here by 9:45 a.m.)
Hope to see everyone on Sunday!