July is here and the families at Christ Church are busy with Summer activities. We've heard stories of travel plans, swim lessons, Summer camps, and just plain "chilling with the family" days.
Although family activities may have increased, don't forget that there is also a lot going on at Christ Church too. A few updates & reminders are listed below:
1) Our July Parish Luncheon is this Sunday - July 5th! Be sure to bring a favorite dish to share with your Christ Church friends. Joe will NOT be cooking chicken this Sunday, so if you can - consider bringing a main dish.
2) Sydney Miles has been working on VBS this past week. You will see a preview of things to come painted on the Parish Hall windows. She will be working on decorations again at the church next Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday (July 8-10th) from 5-8:00 p.m. Quinten Robinson picked up a paint brush & pitched in to help last week. If anyone would like to help this week, grab a paint brush & join in the fun - no experience needed!
5) VBS - "Super Hero Headquarters" - will take place at Christ Church July 20-24th. Registration forms are available for ages 4-12 on the table in the church entryway. Volunteers are needed in several areas. Please text or call Sydney Miles at (956)319-6860 to find out what you can do to help!
4) Fr. Paul will be continuing our weekday Eucharists throughout the Summer at 6:30 p.m. each Wednesday.
5) Our Wednesday Bible Study group continues to meet at 10:00 a.m. in the church office. Come join in the discussion.
6) We are looking to hire more Nursery staff. If you or someone you know might be interested, please contact the church office at (956)723-5714.
7) Those scheduled to serve on Sunday, July 5th are:
Acolytes - Chloe Antonini, Christopher Glassford, Elijah Glassford
Acolyte Parent - Michele Gonzalez
Eucharistic Ministers - Elena Holloway, Mark Pease
Lector - Julia Jones
Ushers - Joel Glass, Alan Holmgreen
Nursery - Lucia Ponce, Fina Roque
Have a safe & fun July 4th - hope to see everyone on Sunday!
Fr. Paul & Connie