Almighty God, we commend to your gracious care and keeping all the men and women of our armed forces at home and abroad. Defend them day by day with your heavenly grace; strengthen them in their trials and temptations; give them courage to face the perils which beset them; and grant them a sense of your abiding presence wherever they may be; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. (The Book of Common Prayer, page 823)
Save the date - November 15th - Dr. Ray Keck is our speaker !
Our "A Faithful Past, A Firm Foundation" Capital Campaign is in it's early stages, but we are already planning a celebration of what is being accomplished. PLEASE SAVE THE DATE - THURSDAY, NOV. 15th. To know more about this important part of our parish life.
A New Face at Christ Church: Glenn Wagner - Please be sure to welcome Glenn Wagner - our Stewardship Consultant that will be with us for several weeks. During his time here he will be helping with the dynamics of A Faithful Past, A Future Foundaton Capital Campaign
“The Story” Continues: Read The Story - Experience The Bible! Our discussion groups continue through May 19th. We currently have 5 groups available:
- Tuesday mornings at 10:30 a.m. at the home of Julia Jones (611 Martens); 956-
- Tuesday afternoon at 12:10 p.m. on the TAMIU campus hosted by Heather Blagg (Contact Heather at 918.381.5688 or firstname.lastname@example.org for location updates);
- Tuesday evenings at 6:15 p.m. - hosted by Triana Sames & Larry Miles (at the home of Dick & Triana Sames - 121 Crenshaw); Contact 956-723-5714 for info
- Wednesday evenings at 7:00 p.m. in the Mary Cook Room; Contact Fr. Paul at 956-285-2753
- A Spanish session Sundays at 10:00 a.m. in the Parish Hall. ContactFr. Paul at 956.285.2753
- "The Story" Resource Page - Link here to devotional material for each chapter of the Story and family resources for parents to use with kids at dinner or in the car, and more.
30 Days - 30 Prizes - 30 Dollars
We will be passing out tickets for our 30-30-30 raffle coming up in December. This is one of our best and funnest fund raisers.