From Father Paul
Graduations, moves, the end of another school year make May a busy and emotional month for many of us.
I can remember my graduations, and the sense of uncertainty and accomplishment.
May is also the birthday of a dear friend who has now passed on to the next life.
Late in life she had a renewed relationship with God. When asked about why she went to her regular weekly bible study and her Sunday School class, she would reply “I’m cramming for my final exam!”
We would all laugh. But underneath the humor was a deep understanding that she was learning about God and the scriptures because she had fallen in love with God again.
I have another friend for whom it was the other way around. As they met in a home bible study group, it was the bible that brought him back to a renewed appreciation of God.
More on Christian learning to come…. Stay tuned.
We need help on our not yet created Welcome Team. We need 4 people who will serve as “welcomers” one Sunday a month and give visitors our wonderful shopping bags with info, soup and our information. Text / Call Fr. Paul at 956-285-2753 for more information.
Camp Christ Church
Summer Day Camp
Our Summer Day Camp runs June 13-17th and several volunteers are needed. Speak to Fr. Paul, Sydney Miles, or Destine Holmgreen to tell them how you’ll help!
Paul - 956-285-2753
Destine - 956-744-5011
Sydney - 956-723-5714
1) Host Families - Host 2 teen workers Sunday thru Thursday;
2) Field Trip Drivers - Must be 25 or older;
3) Day Volunteers - Help with snacks, chapel, games, & more;
4) Snacks - bring and help serve a morning or afternoon snack;
5) Teachers - help with lessons;
6) Sunday Dinner - Help with dinner on Sunday, June 12th as the camp staff prepares for the week’s events.
7) Prayers—This is a new venture and we are still working out some of the kinks. Pray for God to use this to his glory.
Thank you for your ongoing stewardship of God’s work through this parish!
Summer giving often drops, but if possible please continue your regular giving even if you are out of town.
Thank you—The Vestry
“16 Más Uno”
The church is having a raffle this Summer as part of our fundraising efforts. Tickets sell for $5 each or 5 tickets for $20. For more information, please talk to Jim Moore or Steve Gutierrez.
We need help stamping the tickets. If you can come by the office for 20 minutes or more this week, we will put you to work!