1) Practice begins for our Children's Christmas Eve Pageant this Sunday (December 7th) at 10:00 a.m. in the Parish Hall. Please have your children here promptly at 10:00 a.m. so that parts can be determined, costumes discussed, etc.
2) Our Vestry will meet Thursday - December 4th at 7:30 p.m. at the TAMIU dorms. Please text Connie or Paul whether you will OR will not be attending. A quorum is required to conduct any business.
3) Also on Thursday - we will be providing food for a late night "Snack-A-Thon" for our TAMIU Campus Ministry. We need people to bring snacks to the TAMIU dorms at 9:00 p.m. to serve approximately 45 students that will be studying for their final exams. If you can stay to greet students too, that would be great! Hey Vestry members . . . you will already be at TAMIU - why not stay when the meeting is over and help us represent Christ Church!
4) Our "White Elephant" Gift Exchange and Christmas Party will be hosted by Mallory Miles. Come join in the fun on Friday, December 12th at 7:00 p.m. at the Miles home (8519 Crownwood Drive). Bring a wrapped "White Elephant" gift if you want to participate in the exchange and bring a favorite appetizer or holiday snack to share. All ages are invited. For any questions or more information, call or text Mallory at (956)220-7427!
5) If you would like to place a poinsettia on the altar for the Christmas Eve service, you can bring them to the church office Wednesday, December 17th through Friday, December 19th between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. You can also bring them to church with you on Sunday, December 21st. Forms will be available the next 2 Sundays to fill out with your listing of memorials and thanksgivings. You may also e-mail the church office at email@example.com or call Connie at (956)723-5714. If you had a memorial last year and you want it the same - just let Connie know that and you won't need to rewrite the information. DEADLINE to turn memorials in will be Noon on Wednesday, December 17th to allow the office time to have bulletins printed for the Christmas Eve service.
6) December & January Lay Ministry Calendars will be posted today. Be sure to check them if you are an Acolyte, Eucharistic Minister, Lector, Usher, or Nursery Attendant. Remember that you are responsible for contacting a replacement if you are unable to serve as scheduled!
7) In planning ahead - the church office will be closed December 25-26th and January 1-2nd. As always, in the even t of a pastoral emergency, you will be
able to call or text Fr. Paul at (956)285-2753 or our Parish Secretary Connie at (956)645-6673.
8) Those scheduled to serve on Sunday, December 7th are:
Acolytes - Analise Paul, Jack Paul, Elijah Glassford
Acolyte Leader - John Paul
Eucharistic Ministers - Lee Gignac, Stan Green
Lector - Michele Gonzalez
Ushers - Joel Glass, Jerry Robinson
Nursery Attendants - John Delgado, Sherly Garcia
Hope to see everyone on Sunday!