This past Sunday night, we lost two beloved people. George Neel (longtime faithful member of Christ Church) and Connie Kazen (our long time next door neighbor who has been a regular visitor for many years) both passed away on Sunday.
George Neel's service will be at Christ Church at 11:00 a.m.this Friday, March 27. There will be visitation with the family at Christ Church from 9:30 - 11:00 a.m. that morning. Burial will follow at the City Cemetery.
Connie Kazen will be laid to rest from San Agustin Cathedral at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, March 28th. There will be a visitation at Joe Jackson North on Friday, from 5 - 9:00 p.m.
Additional News and Items . . .
1) Pam is asking for choir participants for George Neel's funeral. They will practice at 10:00 a.m. in the choir room Friday morning before the funeral service. You would also be welcome to come to the weekly practice Wednesday evening from 7-8:00 p.m. For more information, you can call Pam at (956)286-8525.
2) This Sunday - March 29th - is Palm Sunday. We will have our usual 8:00 a.m. early service, but will combine our 9 & 11:00 a.m. services. We will gather in the courtyard at 10:30 a.m., do the blessing of the palms at 10:45 a.m., and then process into the church together.
Instead of a traditional sermon, we will have meditations on the seven last words of Christ. Cathey Moore, Hannah Frey, Paulina Luan, Cayetano Almaguer, Lynda Gillard, Cliff Hogan, and Larry Miles will all be giving very brief meditations on the words of Jesus from the Cross.
3) For the remainder of Holy Week we will have the following:
Wednesday 12 Noon & 6:30 p.m. - Holy Communion in the Chapel.
Maundy Thursday - Bilingual Service at 7:30 p.m. in the Church
Good Friday - Bilingual Services at 7:30 p.m. in the Church
4) Please bring donations of cascarones and candy filled plastic eggs to the church office any day next week between 10:00 a.m. & 2:00 p.m. You can also bring them to church with you on Palm Sunday. If you are interested in organizing the Children's Easter Egg Hunt, please call Connie in the church office at (956)723-5714 or at (956)645-6673.
5) Easter Lilies may also be brought to the church office Thursday or Friday between the hours of 9:00 a.m. & 2:00 p.m. or you can bring them with you to the Maundy Thurday or Good Friday services at 7:30 p.m. next week.
6) April 5th - Easter Sunday - we will have our 8:00 a.m. service in the Chapel. There will be a combined bilingual service at 11:00 a.m. where we will celebrate Easter, Baptism, and First Communion, The 11:00 a.m. service will be followed by an Easter Egg Hunt for the children.
7) Since the first Sunday of April will be Easter Sunday, we are moving our monthly Parish Luncheon to the 2nd Sunday - April 12th.
8) Those scheduled to serve at 11:00 a.m.on Palm Sunday - March 29th are:
Acolytes - Elijah Glassford, Analise Paul, Jack Paul
Acolyte Parent - Michele Gonzalez
Eucharistic Ministers - Cathey & Jim Moore
Ushers - Mark Pease, Jerry Robinson
Nursery - John Delgado, Sherly Garcia
Much love to you all,
Fr. Paul & Connie