Just a few notes & reminders for this week . . .
1) Christ Church is providing part of the meal for the Campus Ministry at TAMIU this today, November 6th. First United Methodist is providing lasagne this week. We have parishioners providing breadsticks & salad. If you are interested in providing a light dessert such as cookies or brownies, please call Connie Miles at 956.645.6673. Paul will not be able to be at TAMIU tonight due to a commitment with Casa Misericordia. If you are available to be at TAMIU to greet students and represent Christ Church from 6:45 p.m. to approximately 8:45 p.m., please let Connie know.
2) As the end of the year approaches, we look towards the election of 3 new Vestry members. If you are interested in nominating yourself or someone else for one of these positions, please text or call Fr. Paul at 956.285.2753. Vestry members should be regular attenders & givers of Christ Church.
3) If you were unable to be at Christ Church on October 26th, you missed a wonderful chance to bid farewell to Wilson Harris - who has now moved to Dallas to be closer to his family. We will have pages available this Sunday for friends to write a message to Wilson. In a couple of weeks, we will send a book to Wilson with these pages. Feel free to include any pictures you might wish Wilson to have.
4) There will be a baptism on Sunday, November 30th. Fr. Paul will begin baptism classes this Sunday, November 9th during the Sunday School hour (10-10:45 a.m.) in his office. Other Sunday School classes will continue in their usual locations.
5) Stewardship mailings went out this week containing a letter from Fr. Paul, a chart showing our current levels of giving, and an "Estimate of Giving" card to be completed by those wishing to submit an estimated pledge for 2015. Having these cards is helpful to our Vestry when working on the church budget for the coming year. Please prayerfully consider what your giving will be for 2015 & return your card to the church office or bring it on Sunday morning to place it in the offering plate on November 9th, 16th, or 23rd.
6) Ribbons on which you can write the names of loved ones that have passed will still be available to place in front of the church for the next 2 Sundays.
7) A reminder to those scheduled to serve this Sunday, November 9th:
ACOLYTES – Julia Glass, Olivia Glass, Roberto Rubio
ACOLYTE LEADER – John Paul
EUCHARISTIC MINISTERS – Lee Gignac, Mark Pease
LECTOR – Gil Martinez
USHERS – John Paul & Jerry Robinson
NURSERY – John Delgado, Sherly Garcia
(Nursery staff please be here by 9:45 a.m.)
Hope to see everyone on Sunday!