1) Don’t forget our 7:00 a.m. Eucharist on Thursday, September 11th. Our bell will be rung at 7:46 a.m. (8:46 a.m. on the East Coast) which is the time of the first plane impact on 9/11. I would be honored if any of you are able to come to that service.
2) Sheila Glassford - Fr. Paul spoke to Sheila’s daughter Kristina this afternoon. Sheila has an infection, is on antibiotics, and is doing much better - but please keep praying. She will be in the hospital a few more days and then probably go to a rehab facility for physical therapy. PLEASE - don't call or visit for the next few days. The hospital says she needs more rest than she is getting to fend off the infections! Give her two or three days before calling. Thank you.
3) A reminder that our New Leaven Program can NOT accept clothing, household goods, or any type of rummage. Please donate those items to Casa Misericordia, Volunteers Serving the Need, Goodwill, or others you might know of. Instead, please feel free to stop by the Parish Hall Thursdays from 9-10:00 a.m. and buy tacos to help support their efforts!
4) Check out our new website: www.christchurchlaredo.org. If you have thoughts, corrections, or comments, e-mail them to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
5) Our new Multi-Generational Sunday School classes have started! All ages gather together in the Parish Hall promptly at 10:00 a.m. for 5minutes. Then we will break into groups:
0-5 years – will meet in the Nursery
Kindergarten – 5th Grade – will meet in the Classroom
Middle & High School Students – will meet in the Mary Cook Room
Adult English – will meet at the South end of the Parish Hall
Adult Spanish – will meet in the Choir Room
Come join us! Classes will end promptly at 10:45 a.m. to allow everyone time to get to church by 11:00 a.m.
A note to ALL NURSERY PERSONNEL - with Sunday School beginning at 10:00 a.m. - it is VERY IMPORTANT that you are in the Nursery & ready for the children by 9:45 a.m. EACH SUNDAY! We also expect you to remain in the Nursery until 12:30 p.m. on Sundays.
6) The Diocese of West Texas requires all paid staff to participate in the program "Safeguarding God's Children: Preventing Child Sexual Abuse". Sunday School teachers and Youth Leaders are also encouraged to participate. We will be offering this training sometime during September or October. If you would like to attend - or would like more information, please speak to Fr. Paul or Connie Miles and let us know a time and day that would work for you. We will try to schedule the 3 hour session at a time that works best for those attending.
7) Christ Church is going to partner with First United Methodist Church to begin a Thursday night supper and outreach for TAMIU students. We are looking for people who can sign up to help fix supper and take it to one of the residence halls. More details can be obtained from calling Fr. Paul (956)285-2753.
8) A reminder to those scheduled to serve this Sunday, September 14th:
ACOLYTES – Chloe Antonini, Julia Glass, & Olivia Glass
ACOLYTE LEADER – John Paul
EUCHARISTIC MINISTERS – Lee Gignac & Mark Pease
LECTOR – Gil Martinez
USHERS – Rich Gillard & John Paul
NURSERY – John Delgado & Sherly Garcia
(Nursery staff please be here by 9:45 a.m.)
Hope to see everyone on Sunday!
Connie & Fr. Paul