As September comes to a close, we offer the following updates & reminders for our Christ Church friends & parishioners . . .
1) If anyone is interested in representing Christ Church at 6:30 p.m. today for our campus ministry, please contact Paul. The meal will be taken care of this week by First United Methodist Church - but Paul would be grateful for some folks to show up and meet students. Call or text him directly at (956)285-2753.
2) Please continue to keep Paul's mother Barbara Frey in your prayers. She is in hospice care after a recent fall and is in declining health.
3) Many of you have asked how Sheila Glassford is doing. She is much improved and is now home. She has asked that we thank everyone for their continued prayers.
4) Please continue to remember Bill Brown and his wife Elizabeth Rhodes who are former members of Christ Church in your prayers. They have lived in Alpine now for many years. Bill is dying of lung cancer and his sister-in-law Frances "Panchita" Rhodes wanted to let their friends know. If you would like to send a card, their address is: 807 West Sul Ross Street Alpine, TX 79830.
5) Our Multi-Generational Sunday School classes continue as all ages gather together in the Parish Hall promptly at 10:00 a.m. for 5 minutes, then break into groups:
0-5 years – meets in the Nursery
Kindergarten-5th Grade – meets in the Classroom
Middle & High School Students – meets in the Mary Cook Room
Adult English – meets at the South end of the Parish Hall
Adult Spanish – meets in the Choir Room
Come join us! Classes will end promptly at 10:45 a.m. - allowing everyone time to get to church by 11:00 a.m.
6) A reminder to those scheduled to serve this Sunday, September 28th:
ACOLYTES – Chloe Antonini, Diego Rubio, & Roberto Rubio
ACOLYTE LEADER – John Paul
EUCHARISTIC MINISTERS – Elena Holloway & Larry Miles
LECTOR – Elizabeth Rubio
USHERS – Mark Pease & Jerry Robinson
NURSERY – Sherly Garcia & Mallory Miles
(Nursery staff please be here by 9:45 a.m.)
Hope to see everyone on Sunday!
Connie & Fr. Paul