1) Sheila Glassford will be in a brace for several weeks, but will not be undergoing surgery. Thanks to everyone for their prayers.
2) Al Narvaez, one of our former rectors, has asked that we give thanks that his urothelial caner is gone! He will undergo preventative surgery on Wednesday, September 10th and has requested thanksgivings and prayers.
3) A reminder that our New Leaven Program can NOT accept clothing, household goods, or any type of rummage. Please donate those items to Casa Misericordia, Volunteers Serving the Need, Goodwill, or others you might know of. Instead, please feel free to stop by the Parish Hall Thursdays from 9-10:00 a.m. and buy tacos to help support their efforts!
3) Check out our new website: www.christchurchlaredo.org. If you have thoughts, corrections, or comments, e-mail them to us at: email@example.com.
4) Our monthly Parish Luncheon will be this Sunday – September 7th – immediately following our 11:00 a.m. service. Bring a favorite bread, salad, entrée, side dish, or dessert and join us for some of Joe Rubio’s magnificent chicken.
5) Our new Multi-Generational Sunday School classes begin this Sunday - September 7th. All ages will gather together in the Parish Hall promptly at 10:00 a.m. for 5minutes. Then we will break into groups:
0-5 years – will meet in the Nursery
Kindergarten – 5 th Grade – will meet in the Classroom
Middle & High School Students – will meet in the Mary Cook Room
Adult English – will meet at the South end of the Parish Hall
Adult Spanish – will meet in the Choir Room
Come join us! Classes will end promptly at 10:45 a.m. to allow everyone time to get to church by 11:00 a.m.
6) A note to ALL NURSERY PERSONNEL - with Sunday School beginning at 10:00 a.m. - it is VERY IMPORTANT that you are in the Nursery & ready for the children by 9:45 a.m. EACH SUNDAY! We also expect you to remain in the Nursery until 12:30 p.m. on Sundays.
7) The Diocese of West Texas requires all paid staff to participate in the program "Safeguarding God's Children: Preventing Child Sexual Abuse". Sunday School teachers and Youth Leaders are also encouraged to participate. We will be offering this training sometime during September or October. If you would like to attend - or would like more information, please speak to Fr. Paul or Connie Miles. We will try to schedule the 3 hour session at a time that works best for those attending.
8) We plan to have a 7:00 a.m. Eucharist on September 11th. Our bell will be rung at 7:46 a.m. (8:46 a.m. on the East Coast) which is the time of the first plane impact on 9/11. I would be honored if any of you are able to come to that service.
9) A reminder to those scheduled to serve this Sunday, September 7th:
ACOLYTES - Annalise Paul, Jack Paul, Cati Romo
ACOLYTE LEADER - Michele Gonzalez
EUCHARISTIC MINISTERS – Elena Holloway, Larry Miles
LECTOR – Patricia Keck
USHERS – Alan & Travis Holmgreen
NURSERY – Sydney Miles, Fina Roque
(Nursery staff please be here by 9:45 a.m.)
Hope to see everyone on Sunday!