Welcome to Christ Church - Bienvenido a Christ Church
I'M NEW TO CHRIST CHURCH AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE
We welcome you to our life and worship, whether your time with us is short or long. All people are welcome to worship and participate in the life and ministry of Christ Church.
Going to church can be uncomfortable if it is your first time, or even your third or fourth time. Even if you've been part of another church, all congregations regardless of denomination, (brand), have a unique personality and character. It may take a few visits before you can decide if you want to make us part of your life.
We know that some people have had bad experiences with a church or churches in the past. We have no desire to pressure you or change you. We believe a relationship with God is very important and our hope is that our community can support you in that relationship regardless of whether you become part of our congregation or some other.
Who to contact
It may be that you are are ready to find out more. You can fill out a comment card at a worship service or call / text / email our pastor. Our pastor or another member will contact you.
We also have Newcomer evenings where we talk briefly about who we are, and our parish ministry and goals. Contact the church office for the dates and to sign up.
Call or text Fr. Paul: 956.285.2753
E-Mail Fr. Paul: firstname.lastname@example.org
EXPECTATIONS OF MEMBERSHIP
Just like other organizations, churches have expectations for members. All are welcome to visit, to worship, and to attend. But membership is deeper. It means a commitment to God and to join in the mission of God with a particular group of people.
We hope that you want the following:
To have a growing and faithful relationship with God, seeking to obey and follow God, and to help others find that too. A willing heart to work on that relationship with God by being in our worship at least once a month and ideally more.
A desire grow in relationship, ministry, and care with people in this parish, using your gifts in service.
A willingness to put some of your money, time, and talent to work at Christ Church and to the ministries we perform in the Laredo community and beyond.
Our hope is that each of us finds a way to use our talents at Christ Church whether they are artistic, business, prayer, teaching, leadership, helpfulness, tech, pastoral, gardening, and more.
BECOMING A MEMBER
JOINING CHRIST CHURCH - SEVERAL OPTIONS
I do want to become a member of this congregation and the Episcopal Church.
We can receive you as a member and then make the Episcopal part official via "reception" or "confirmation". Please fill out the Membership Form Here and for details about getting confirmed or received keep reading below.
I'm not ready to change my church affiliation but want to be a member.
Some people do want to become members of our congregation, but are not sure they want to become Episcopalian. Let us know and we will count you as a congregational member.
I am not ready to change my church affiliation.
Some people who join us do not want to change their current church affiliation, but do want to worship and serve at Christ Church Laredo. We are happy to have you, and you can participate in much of what we do. There are some ministries such as our church board, where to serve you must be received into the Episcopal church.
BECOMING A MEMBER OF CHRIST CHURCH EPISCOPAL AND THE EPISCOPAL DENOMINATION - DETAILS
1. If you are baptized and confirmed and simply transferring from another Episcopal Church let us know and we can ask your previous church for a letter of transfer.
2. If you are baptized, but not yet confirmed in the Episcopal Church we are also happy to arrange that. Confirmation is when people who were baptized as babies or very young children renew their baptismal vow and a bishop lays hands on them and prays for them.
3. If you were baptized as an adult in the Episcopal Church you may not need to get confirmed but you would be welcome to do so.
4. In most cases if you have been confirmed in another denomination, we do not re-confirm you, but receive you from one branch of God’s one holy catholic and apostolic church into this branch of the church during the Bishop’s visit. (Check with the pastor to find out if this is true of your particular denomination.)
5. If you have never been baptized we happily baptize you. (If you have not been baptized you cannot be made an official member until you are baptized, so talk with the pastor about arranging that.) Baptism makes you an official member of the whole Church, and the Episcopal Church, and of Christ Church, Laredo.
If you would like more information about any of this, contact the parish office at 956.723.5714 or e-mail us at email@example.com
- Guest Contact Card
- Visiting Christ Church
- Worship Services
- Midweek Worship & More
- Pagina de inicio >
- Staff >
- Give to Christ Church
- Corona Virus Pages >
- Church Leaders - The Vestry
- Joining Christ Church >
- College Life
- Volunteer Opportunities >
- Children's Life >
- Youth Life >
- Adult Bible Study Etc.
- Baptism, Wedding, More
- This Week